Popular Posts

Monday, June 27, 2011

ELF Haul!

Hi everyone I have been purchasing some elf cosmetics recently due to saving money. As you all know I'm a makeup addict and I love to discover different types of cosmetics from high end to low end. Join me as I discover makeup products every week :) So here is some of the cosmetics from elf that I bought. Check it out. Actually, I only bought the concealer and primer, the rest like the eyeliners were a gift to me because everyone in the family and friends knows that I love makeup much. 



Let's start with the eyeliner pens and glitter eyeliner, So I got the usual brown (coffee) and black, for the glitter eyeliner that would be black with silver sparkles.




 

This soft pointy end makes it more easier to apply the product, it's like you are using a ball pen, the body of the brush us hard but the tip is soft. Imagine how easy it is to control the product. I would recommend this if you are going to do makeup with some drawings. This eyeliner is very manageable you can really use it for drawing stuff ect. The only thing that I don't like about this product is that the color is very weak when you wear it above the eye shadow it almost does not exist. I still prefer using Nichido black eyeliner, I think that only costs 60php and it can last for like 3 months or so depending on how often you use it. I do not know the price of these eyeliners because I mentioned that they were a gift but to measure that this would only cost 100plus or below not more than 150 for sure.


 I love the fact that this eyeliner pencil has it's own sharpener. I believe that this is very useful. That's an A for me. Plus, this eyeliner is very creamy too which makes the application more easier and that's what were looking for right?  Here are the swatches...

with flash
without flash

I love the glitter eyeliner it looks amazing in person.
 
Concealer and primer

Moving on to the concealer.. I know that a concealer should be invested because it's very useful, with a concealer, you can hide your blemished and other unmentionables. This concealer costs only 129.php I'm not sure about the performance of that but l have tried it and look at the results.


As you can see, I have a scar here and a red scar as well from a dextrose, I will give this cheap product a try.


 OMG seriously? I just cant believe this. I'm using a dslr so that you can see them clearly.and this is so not photoshopped. I don't even know how to photoshop. For a hundred bucks it can perform like my Benefit earase paste! Not to mention that benefit it very expensive it has the same price as NArs does. You can check out benefit products at sephora.com. Going back to elf. This just proves that not all inexpensive makeup are poor in quality. You just have to pick the best and I'm so glad that I was bored on that rainy day that made me buy this product! I would definitely recommend it!




I'm so gonna buy this from now on!

It's time to prime! For all of you who does not know what a primer is, a primer is the one who is responsible for the makeup to last for hours. Here I'm using elf as a base and demonstrate it's performance.


This product has a rich and creamy texture. Let's see how it works.

On the first swatch, the eyeshadow does not have any primer. The 2nd swatch is with primer.


Not much of a difference about the pigmentation and all because the eyeshadow is normally colored baby pink. The key is that the primer makes it last longer I have tried the primer when I was making a tutorial and I can grade this for B+  the reason is because it makes the eyeshadow's color diffuse instead of making it strong, and the stickiness is not that great but it does it's job  by making the eyeshadow stay longer without any crease.


I hope you enjoyed this Haul! Mwah!



No comments:

Post a Comment